July 5, 2011

Light painting on the Charles River.

As I was (very slowly)riding my bike back home from the fireworks display in Boston, I noticed neon lights floating in the water. In Boston, you get the best view of the fireworks from the Charles River... and the only way to get this view is to hire a boat or kayak. All of the boats had fastened bright lights to their 'bow' and the 'stern'. There were hundreds of these things floating around in the water. It made for quite an interesting site.

In order to take this picture, I balanced my camera on one of the bridges at Harvard Square... and did a super long exposure. I thought it came out pretty cool (you can see that some of the boats were faster than others).

Added some additional "light painting" photos below (thought it was too cool to show just one):




No comments:

Post a Comment