Indonesian Dreamin' On Such a Winter Day

I'm not exactly sure why, but Bali will always have a special place in my heart. I've traveled to better and less crowded surf locations and have seen beaches that are just as or more beautiful. Perhaps it's because I've always visited Bali after experiencing a different extreme in the heavily industrialized Southern China (which skews my perception a bit)... perhaps it's because of all the interesting/friendly people I've met while traveling in the country... or perhaps it's because my expectations have always been wildly exceeded in terms of accommodations ($40/night for beachfront villa), food ($4 for giant tuna steak), and the graciousness of strangers. Regardless of the reasons, Bali is an awesome place. In my opinion, this photo is a pretty good representation of its awesomeness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment